8 oz Coconut Oil Fractionated
8 oz Rice Bran Oil
8 oz Safflower Oil
8 oz Apricot Kernel Oil
0.3 oz Optiphen
1 oz Vitamin E T-50
1 oz Polysorbate 80 (Optional)
2 oz Fragrance Oil - Orange Sherbet
10-20 Cups of Sugar
20+/-, 8oz Jars and Lids
- Clean and Sanitize all packaging and equipment.
- Using a digital scale, measure out all of your liquid ingredients and place them in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine
- Add in the sugar and mix until combined.
- Place into containers of your choosing and if selling follow proper labeling guidelines.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar in this recipe to your liking. If you prefer a body scrub that has more oil than sugar, reduce the amount of sugar. If you prefer one that is drier in texture but still as equally moisturizing, add more sugar. You can customize this part of the recipe to your liking.
- Adding Polysorbate 80 in this recipe is optional. The Poly 80 will help wash the oils off the skin without leaving too much of a greasy film left behind. Don't worry though, your skin will still remain soft, silky and extremely hydrated.
- Optiphen is a paraben and formaldehyde-free preservative. Without it, the moment you introduce water into your body scrub while in the shower, bacteria will grow even if you don't see it! To prevent this you need to add in a preservative to the recipe. If you prefer to leave this out please keep the jar away from water and scoop out what you need from the jar prior to using.
- The fragrance oil I used was purchased from Just Scent Wholesale Candle and Soap Supplies. I am obsessed with their fragrances!
See more of Nadia's recipes on Facebook HERE